Drug and Alcohol Testing
Do you have your Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program planned?
If you employ safety-sensitive workers who are subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, you are required to administer the
- Pre-Employment Testing
- Post Accident Testing
- Reasonable Suspicion/Cause Testing
- Follow-Up Testing
- Return to Duty Testing
HDS offers drug and alcohol testing for transportation carriers and employers outside of the transportation industry. We have collection sites nationwide with all results electronically stored for easy access and record keeping.
Clean Fleet Consortium
Enrollment in our Clean Fleet Consortium is easy and can be done any time of year. Using the criteria established by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA ), unbiased, random computer selections are generated on a monthly basis to determine who will be tested. We can also implement a drug free workplace at companies that do not fall under DOT testing regulations.
- Identify, maintain and provide nationwide collection facilities for controlled substance and breath alcohol testing that are as reasonably and convenient to our members as possible.
- Provide all specimen collection supplies to collection facilities.
- Establish specimen transportation services from the collection sites to a SAMSHA certified laboratory.
- Provide all required laboratory services from a SAMSHA certified laboratory.
- Arrange and maintain the services of a qualified Medical Review Officer.
- Report all results to members in a timely manner.
- Submit Semi Annual and Annual reports in July and December.
We Also Offer
- Pre-Employment Testing This test is required and negative results must be received before a motor carrier allows an employee/driver to perform a safety sensitive function. The pre-employment test is only required for controlled substances. Alcohol testing is provided if requested by the company.
- Post Accident Testing This test is required if an employee/driver is involved in an "on-the-job" accident which may involved human error and caused a fatality, serious injury, or any significant property damag
- Reasonable Suspicion/Cause Testing This test is required when a trained supervisor/employer has reasonable suspicion to believe that an employee/driver has used alcohol and/or controlled substances
- Follow-Up Testing The follow-up test is required from an employee/driver to ensure the employee/driver remains drug-free after being reinstated to a testing designated position.
- Return to Duty Testing A specimen collected from an employee/driver to ensure that employee/driver is drug free prior to being reinstated in a testing designated position.
- Random This test is required for safety-sensitive workers who are subject to DOT rules and regulations.
Too complicated? Let Us Administer Your Program!